Having misaligned teeth in the mouth has the potential to deliver a variety of health issues for people in time. It can result in a bad bite, along with reduced self-esteem. If you have misaligned teeth in your mouth, you may not want to smile when you are in public. Plenty of methods are available for straightening teeth and getting braces can be considered on of the best options. In fact, getting braces is a cost effective and convenient solution available for straightening misaligned teeth.
Here is a list of do’s and don’ts to keep in mind while wearing braces, in order to get the best results within a short period of time and stay away from frustration.
- It is extremely important for you to keep your teeth clean while wearing braces. Therefore, you should think about brushing your teeth several times a day. This will assist you in getting rid of plaque, a sticky film of bacteria, formed on your teeth along with time. If you don’t brush your teeth and remove plaque, you will suffer from gum diseases and tooth decay in the long run.
- When you get braces, your orthodontist will ask you to visit on a regular basis. It is important to make all your appointments without skipping any. Orthodontists know when your braces should be adjusted and they create a schedule based on it. If you skip any appointments, you will have longer to wait to achieve desired results.
- Most of the people don’t replace their toothbrushes every three months. If you have braces, you shouldn’t forget to. Worn toothbrushes don’t have the ability to clean your teeth in an effective manner.
- Visit your dentist on a regular basis – You should also take necessary measures in order to visit your dentist on a regular basis while wearing braces. The dentist would examine your teeth and check whether there are any decays or gum diseases.
- You need to be careful about your food intake while wearing braces. In fact, you shouldn’t consume any food items that can get stuck in between the braces and teeth. On the other hand, some food items have the ability to bend the wires of your braces. You must stay away from such food items as well.
- If you are playing any active games or sports, you must wear a mouth guard in order to ensure the protection of your braces. The dentist can recommend you with the best mouth guard that is available for you.
- While wearing braces, you shouldn’t eat too much food that contain sugar. Such food items have the ability to accelerate tooth decay, which can damage your teeth over time.