Are you wondering, how do braces work? When searching for ways to improve your smile, this is a common question that a lot of people ask. To help you learn more about the process, our team at Perfect Smiles Orthodontics has put together a brief guide with what you should ask your orthodontist.
How Do Braces Work? Questions to Ask Your Orthodontist
Before you decide to better your smile with braces, it is a good idea to ask your orthodontist a few questions about how they work and which option is best for your needs.
- What types of braces are available for my particular alignment needs? Examples often include traditional metal braces, clear aligners, lingual braces, ceramic braces, etc.
- What are brackets, elastics, and the archwire? How do they work to create better dental alignment?
- How long do I have to wear braces? Is there a need for a retainer after they’re removed?
- What does typical care look like when you have braces?
- Do I need to avoid certain foods when wearing braces?
- Are braces considered necessary or cosmetic?
- When is the best age to get braces? Are you ever too old or too young to straighten your teeth?
- Why is pressure important in how well braces work to correct misalignment?
- How do you typically brush and floss your teeth while wearing braces?
- What happens after you’ve had your braces removed?
- How often will I have to have check-up appointments while wearing braces?
- Are there any complications to getting braces?
Now is a Great Time to Perfect Your Smile
If you’ve always wanted a better smile, then you’re in luck. There’s never been a better time than right now to start the orthodontic process. Not only are today’s methods easier, more comfortable, and more effective than ever before, but there’s no real age limit when it comes to the ideal time to get braces.
Get Your Questions About Braces Answered
Please contact our friendly and knowledgeable team at Perfect Smiles Orthodontics today to schedule an appointment.